Match the expressions connected to love and relationships with their definitions, then watch the video and check your answers.
- puppy love
- a blind date
- a double date
- to be an item
- a match made in heaven
- to be head over heels in love with sb
- to pop the question
- to tie the knot / to get hitched
- to be on the rocks
- to get married
- love between kids or teenagers
- a date involving two couples
- a couple that seems almost perfect
- to be really, strongly in love with sb
- a date with sb you don’t know, probably set up by your friends
- to have problems in your relationship, which might lead to a break-up
- to ask sb to marry you
- to be involved with sb, to be a couple officially
Extra task below the video.
Answer the questions
- Have you ever been on a blind date? How was it?
- Have you ever been on a double date? How was it?
- When did you tie the knot? / Are you going to tie the knot soon?
- Do you know anybody who is getting hitched soon?
- Have you ever been head over heels in love with someone?
- What do you think is the best thing to do for a couple when they’re on the rocks?